Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
Part-time – up to 29 hours per week
Department of Finance – Finance Float
1 position available
Hourly Rate: $15.00 – $18.92
The City of Lakewood is currently accepting applications for the position of Customer Service Representative in the Department of Finance. This position with float between Vital Statistics, Water Administration and Tax.
Qualified applicants will possess the knowledge, experience and ability to perform the following essential job functions:
- Provides customer service, including greeting and assisting customers, answering and returning phone calls, directing customers to appropriate staff members, and maintaining related records of all functions.
- Assists with the processing of birth and death certificates. Assist supervisors in the generation of weekly and monthly Vital Statistics reports.
- Receives and processes payments, makes copies of information, issues receipts, and answers related questions.
- Records receipt of tax and/or water payments to proper accounts, receives income tax returns, tax and/or water payments and assists taxpayer/residents with income tax/water billing questions.
- Monitors delinquent water accounts; reviews accounts of payments and/or bankruptcy information; processes service orders to discontinue or reconnect service; processes program applications. Posts payment to accounts, counts cash, stamps checks, balances and verifies payments, posts adjustments, enter information into computer and contacts banks regarding errors.
- Formats, composes and prepares letters to residents and business regarding discrepancies, incomplete returns, types letters, labels, reports or other correspondence on a computer, checks for accuracy and distributes mail and income tax forms and bills and/or water bills. Must possess a good knowledge of correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Must possess a working knowledge of basic accounting policies and procedures, and mailing requirements. Must have the ability to learn and understand applicable state, federal and local ordinances, laws, rules and regulations. Must have the ability to perform administrative and secretarial practices and procedures such as business letter writing and the operation of standard office equipment.
- Must be skillful in communicating orally with internal staff, citizens and other departmental staff. Must have skill in using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines, organizing work, applying logical thinking. Performs other duties as required for the efficient operation of the Department of Finance.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to type 40 words per minute.
- May be required to participate in testing at the discretion of the City.
- Must satisfactorily complete a police background investigation and drug screening.
- Six (6) months to one (1) year of progressively responsible experience performing general office duties with accounting and/or financial functions or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires flexibility of scheduling up to 29 hours per week.
Qualified, interested applicants should submit a current resume and complete an application form online at www.lakewoodoh.gov
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Most Popular Pages
- Patrol Officer Exam
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Small Business Relief Program
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Food Trucks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Minutes / Agendas
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development
- Cove Church Redevelopment