Deputy Clerk of Council (Part-Time)
Lakewood City Council is seeking a detail-oriented individual for the position of part-time Deputy Clerk of Council. The Deputy Clerk reports directly to the Clerk of Council to manage the efficient functioning of the Council Office and weekly Council meetings. The Deputy Clerk will also assist with research, policy projects, docket communications, resolutions, and constituent services to further the legislative agenda of City Council. The Deputy Clerk will temporarily perform the role of Acting Clerk in the absence of the Clerk.
The work schedule is flexible and negotiable up to 25 hours per week. Incumbent must be available to staff weekly Monday evening meetings held approximately 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
$20-$23/hour depending on qualifications. Other benefits include:
- Membership in professional clerks’ organizations
- Limited paid time off after one year
Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
At least two years of experience in which the following skills and experiences have been applied:
- Strong writing and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and efficiently summarize the main points from public policy discussions.
- Experience working with the public
- Experience serving in a minute-taking role, professionally or on a volunteer basis.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly learn new computer software.
- A demonstrated record of success in a professional, deadline-driven environment and a sense of excitement about working in the public sector.
Please apply online at https://www.lakewoodoh.gov/human-resources/. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume, and a 2–3-page writing sample. Please attach to your application.
Application deadline: Position will remain open until filled. First-round deadline is February 1, 2023
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.