Entry-Level Patrol Officer Examination
The Lakewood Civil Service Commission is conducting an examination for Entry-Level Patrol Officer through the National Testing Network. Go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, click on Law Enforcement > Ohio > City of Lakewood.
What to expect at the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
- Completion of the application
- Review all information related to the City of Lakewood police officer position, including minimum requirements, salary and benefits.
- Detailed information about the testing process for the entry level
- Opportunity to take online practice
- Schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered multiple times a week, including Saturdays at a testing site convenient for NTN now offers virtual testing. If you would like to test virtually, you will need to check that option when scheduling your exam.
- Take high quality job simulation tests in a standardized, fair testing
Applicants are required to complete the exam, personal history questionnaire (PHQ) and work attitudes questionnaire (WAQ), as well as upload copies of their high school diploma or GED, valid driver’s license, and any documentation needed for military, college, employment, or residency credits. Deadline to complete the examination and submit required documents is Monday, June 12, 2023.
Upon completion of the entry level exam the candidate scores are automatically forwarded to the City of Lakewood Civil Service Commission. Candidates who attain a minimum passing score of 70% or more on the entry level exam and have uploaded required documentation will be placed on the eligible list. The City of Lakewood will contact candidates on the list and will invite them to continue to participate in other stages of the department selection process.
National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing in a standardized, professional environment. National Testing Network does not replace the City of Lakewood’s Civil Service Commission’s responsibility and decision making in the testing process. For further information about the examination process, please contact the City of Lakewood Civil Service Commission at (216) 529-6040 or email@example.com.
Additionally, the City of Lakewood is accepting applications for Lateral Entry Patrol Officer. Applicants must have been employed as a police officer in the State of Ohio AND have been previously hired as part of a competitive civil service examination. Lateral applicants only should go to https://www.lakewoodoh.gov/human-resources/ for more information on lateral entry and to apply directly for this position.
Salary: $65,682.83 current starting annual salary in 2023 plus benefits. Click here for more information.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Most Popular Pages
- Safe Place Initiative
- Winterhurst Operator RFQ
- Fourth of July Parade Applications
- Lkwd Park Waterfront Feasibility Study
- Interceptor Tunnel Rehabilitation Project
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Downtown Development
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Lakewood Magazine
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art