How is this new agreement different from the letter of intent announced back in January?
- Most significantly, the new proposal makes better use of community assets. By moving the proposed family health center across the street to the southwest corner of Belle and Detroit, it frees up more than 5 acres of land where the current hospital sits for redevelopment. This funds our future, producing revenue-driving opportunities, economic development and a visionary downtown district.
- This proposal also creates a demolition/redevelopment reserve for the hospital property. The city has negotiated a reserve of $7 million of LHA assets to be used as the city sees fit in conjunction with the redevelopment of the hospital site.
- Funding for the community health foundation has been preserved at $32.4 million, even though LHA assets have dwindled since the original agreement was presented.
- The city negotiated a two-fold increase in the payments to be made for use of the hospital during the transition period.
- As a result of these negotiations, we’ve received the Clinic’s assurances to provide 24/7/365 emergency care in Lakewood, work with the city to deploy a mobile stroke unit here, bring the family medicine residency and LGBT programs to the new health center, and a work with a community advisory board to include citizen input into new services.
- City of Lakewood Dedicates American Rescue Plan Act Dollars to Public Safety Initiatives May 23, 2022
- Lakewood Conducting Exam for Entry Level Police Officer Positions May 19, 2022
- Atlas Masonry Along with Owner and Foreman Indicted on Charges for Lakewood Marine Towers West Parking Garage Collapse May 18, 2022
Most Popular Pages
- Downtown Development
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Andrews/Gladys Project
- Lakewood Magazine
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Snow Reminders
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Food Trucks
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Interceptor Tunnel Rehabilitation Project