If someone needs to be transported to another facility, won’t longer transports hurt medical care?
Patients are assessed either on the scene by paramedics, or in the emergency department by doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel. Decisions to transport are made to make sure patients are receiving the most appropriate care in the most appropriate place. Lakewood Fire Department medics provide high-quality patient care throughout the transport. The increased transport times from Lakewood to Fairview or MetroHealth are less than transport times from cities like Strongsville and North Royalton to Southwest General, or from Brecksville and Broadview Heights to Parma, Marymount or Akron.
It is simply not true to suggest that these kinds of transport times endanger patients.
- Mayor George Issues Statement On The Recently Released County Property Valuations October 14, 2021
- Halloween Trick-or-Treat set for Sunday, October 31st October 05, 2021
- Firefighter/Paramedics Petty, Helbig, and Starcovic are the three newest members to join the Lakewood Fire Department October 04, 2021
Most Popular Pages
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Food Trucks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Minutes / Agendas
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development