Lateral Entry Level Police Officer
LATERAL ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER POSITION AVAILABLE
The City of Lakewood is accepting applications for an entry level Police Officer position. This appointment is being made through a lateral entry process open to candidates who are currently Police Officers or who have been employed as Police Officers within the past year.
Qualified candidates must provide proof of current or past appointment through a competitive
Civil Service examination process.
To apply, candidates must:
- Complete an application for employment,
- Show proof of High School Diploma or GED,
- Have a valid Ohio Driver’s license with a good driving record (six or more violation points may be disqualifying),
- Provide proof of OPOTA Certification, and
- Provide a current Tri-C Certificate of Physical Agility dated within two months of your application date.
- Candidates needing to obtain a Tri-C Certificate of Physical Agility may contact Tri-C to register for a future testing date or use the following link: Tri-C Physical Agility Testing.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Possess adequate physical ability to perform all duties and utilize all issued equipment,
- Be United States Citizens or must have legally declared their intention of becoming a United States Citizen,
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at time of appointment, and
- Have the requisite health and requisite mental and physical fitness, ability, and capacity necessary to perform all the established and anticipated tasks and duties.
- Extensive medical and mental testing including drug testing, as well as an extensive Police background check with polygraph will be conducted.
Salary: $61,912.36 current annual salary plus benefits.
Or via USPS mail to:
City of Lakewood
Department of Human Resources
12650 Detroit Avenue
Lakewood, OH 44107
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Most Popular Pages
- Patrol Officer Exam
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Small Business Relief Program
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Food Trucks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Minutes / Agendas
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development
- Cove Church Redevelopment