Public Works Streets & Forestry Division Tree Crew
FULL TIME JOB POSTING
CITY OF LAKEWOOD – PUBLIC WORKS STREETS & FORESTRY DIVISION TREE CREW
The City of Lakewood is currently seeking one (1) full-time Tree Crew worker in its Streets and Forestry Division. This is a full time AFSCME Bargaining Unit position with an hourly rate of $27.15 – $27.69. Normal working hours are 7:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. (M-F).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must possess adequate body strength to be able to climb and work with power tools for extended periods in high trees and be able to lift heavy objects; must be able to stand for extended periods of time and be able to work from ladders and scaffolds; must possess good eyesight and perception with good eye-hand coordination; must possess good hearing and possess good communication skills; must have full use of both hands, arms and legs; must possess a good working knowledge of knots and ropes; care and maintenance of general tree equipment; must possess a good working knowledge of branch and tree removal; must possess the ability to work in high places with basic climber materials (rope and saddle); must possess a thorough knowledge of safe work practices for branch removal and pruning of the various species of trees; must possess the ability and willingness to learn the operation of motorized tree equipment; must possess a working knowledge of brush chipper operation. The Selected employee may be required to work shift assignments and overtime during the winter months for snow and ice control December through March.
- Full-time employee.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid Class A Ohio Commercial Driver’s License with less than eight (8) points within ninety (180) days of appointment.
- Weight proportionate to body size per the Ohio State Highway Patrol Academy Standards plus 10%.
- May be required to participate in testing at the discretion of the City.
- Must satisfactorily complete a physical examination including drug test and police background investigation.
- May be required to work shifts during winter months and operate other Streets/Forestry equipment and vehicles.
- Must have the ability to be certified as an Arborist and maintain certification within three (3) years.
- Must be able to work safely near power lines as per OSHA standards.
- Must report for forestry storm work as needed.
Employee may be required to work overtime pursuant to the provisions of Article 5 and Article 15 of the current negotiated agreement.
ONLY QUALIFIED interested applicants should submit a resume AND an application either on-line (at https://www.lakewoodoh.gov) or to the City of Lakewood, Office of Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Most Popular Pages
- Bike/Scooter Share Pilot Program
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Summer Fun in Lakewood
- Downtown Development
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Lakewood Magazine
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Food Trucks
- Interceptor Tunnel Rehabilitation Project