Part-time – up to 29 hours per week
Department of Finance – Income Tax Office
1 position available
Hourly Pay Rate: $20.43
The City of Lakewood is seeking a part-time Tax Auditor for our Department of Finance, Division of Income Tax. The successful candidate will have the ability to perform various tax functions, including calculating taxes, penalties and interest, determining tax liability, processing payments, interviewing taxpayers, examining tax returns and selecting proper remedies for payment. The position also requires the filing of returns, excellent customer service when answering taxpayers questions and resolving problems. Must be able to review audits and compliance procedures and assist in the preparation of court documents for the City Prosecutor in delinquent tax cases.
This position is also responsible for preparing complex, routine and non-routine reports as requested utilizing a variety of software, receives, sorts and summarizes material for the preparation of reports and prepares work reports.
- Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field or Internal Revenue Service VITA/TCE Tax Preparation Certification; and
- 3 years of progressively responsible related experience; or any combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Applicable state, federal and local ordinances, codes, laws, rules and regulations and be able to interpret the same.
- Must have considerable knowledge of Individual, Corporate and Municipal tax preparation, economics and accounting principles and practices, financial markers, and the process of analyzing and reporting financial data.
- Must be skilled in using computer software and hardware.
This position requires flexibility of scheduling up to 29 hours per week.
Interested, qualified applicants should submit a current resume and complete an application form online by clicking here.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Most Popular Pages
- Leaf Collection
- Patrol Officer Exam
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Lakewood Magazine
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Small Business Relief Program
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Minutes / Agendas
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Food Trucks