Why is Council making a decision this month? Why not wait a bit longer?
City Council has diligently studied the options and hosted dozens of public meetings on this issue. We’ve done our homework. We’ve gathered all the facts. We’ve heard from the residents we represent. We are ready to make our recommendation on how to improve the health of our community.
Also, Lakewood Hospital Association (LHA), which is responsible for operating the hospital, is losing money at an astounding rate. With funds dwindling and LHA reaching a point of insolvency, there is urgency. We must act decisively and wisely so that taxpayers receive the greatest value for our assets, and we continue to receive health care, including emergency care, without interruption.
- Mayor George Issues Statement On The Recently Released County Property Valuations October 14, 2021
- Halloween Trick-or-Treat set for Sunday, October 31st October 05, 2021
- Firefighter/Paramedics Petty, Helbig, and Starcovic are the three newest members to join the Lakewood Fire Department October 04, 2021
Most Popular Pages
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Food Trucks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Minutes / Agendas
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development