Animal Safety and Welfare Advisory Board
The Lakewood Animal Safety and Welfare Advisory Board was established to serve in an advisory capacity to the Mayor and Council on issues related to the health and welfare of humans and animals as they interact in our community.
The Lakewood Animal Safety and Welfare Advisory board is composed of eleven members. Board members include a representative from the Lakewood City Council, the Director of Public Safety or a representative of that office, and nine members who are residents of the City of Lakewood with some area of expertise in animal behavior, animal safety or other experience that would bring diversity to the membership of the Board.
The Lakewood Animal Safety and Welfare Advisory Board is an advisory board and shall coordinate its activities with the Administration and Council. The board shall report to Council and the Mayor at the request of either or at its own discretion.
Click here to view the 2023 Meeting Calendar.
Click here to view the Animal Safety and Welfare Advisory Board agendas.
Click here to view the Animal Safety and Welfare Advisory Board minutes.
For information about a particular Animal Safety and Welfare Advisory Board meeting, please visit http://www.lakewoodoh.gov/calendar
- 2018 LASWAB Annual Report
- Animals in Lakewood
- Application to serve on Board/Commission
- Balloon Releases Harm Wildlife & Cause Environmental Hazards
- Bird Feeding Guide
- City Chickens
- Cold Weather Pet Safety Tips
- Coping with the loss of a pet
- Dog License Renewal
- Dogs Running at Large
- Preventing Bird Collisions
- Summer Safety For Pets: Safety In The Heat
- Summer Safety for Pets: Keeping Your Pets Safe On The 4th Of July
Most Popular Pages
- Downtown Development
- Interceptor Tunnel Rehabilitation Project
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Lakewood Magazine
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art