The Division of Housing & Building issues permits covering any alterations, repairs or new construction, contractor registration and licensing and housing licenses, as well as permits for peddler and/or solicitor’s licenses. The Division inspects all structures in the City either by mandatory inspection or upon request.
Click here for to view LCO Chapter 1309 Permit Fees.
New for 2021:
- Beginning January 1, 2021 any new principal structure or addition to a principal structure requires a legal property (boundary) survey.
- Effective immediately, an owner acknowledgement for property lines form will need to be submitted for garage, fence, and paving (driveway) permits. Click here for the form. Please fill out and upload this document with your permit application.
Click here to go to Citizen Serve for your building department needs.
- Building Permit Application – Residential & Commercial
- Permit Requirements
- Residential Plan Approval Application
- Commercial Plan Review Application
- Commercial Plans Exam Fee – beginning January 1, 2019 a fee will be charged for all new commercial plans examinations. The fee is two hundred dollars ($200.00) plus five dollars ($5.00) per 100 square feet, or part thereof, of the proposed structure, and an additional fee in the amount of one hundred percent (100%) of the original plans examination fee for all resubmittals. [LCO 76-06, Section 1309.15] Only full plan sets will be accepted for resubmittals. individual pages are not acceptable.
- Pavement Opening Permit Application
- Obstruction Permit Application
- OBC Plan Exam Checklist
- RCO Plan Review Checklist
- Sidewalk Permit Application
- Concrete Cold Weather Waiver
For more information about submitting your application, please call 216-529-6270.
Most Popular Pages
- Summer Fun in Lakewood
- Downtown Development
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Andrews/Gladys Project
- Lakewood Magazine
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Food Trucks
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Interceptor Tunnel Rehabilitation Project