Calendar of Events / Task force schedule
- Meetings are open to the public, and take place the third Tuesday of every month, starting at 7 p.m..
- Regular updates and meeting notes will be posted on the City’s website.
We will spend the first few monthly meetings going over background information, providing educational resources for understanding the problem and discussing possible solutions.
Specifically, the next two meetings will be field trips: one to show you the sewage treatment plant and one which focuses on green infrastructure.
- Tuesday, Aug. 11 we meet at Lakewood Municipal Waste Water Treatment plant, 1699 Cleveland Metro Park Dr, at 7 p.m.. We will gain an understanding of how a treatment plant works, and how it has evolved over time. We will also look at one overflow site right near the plant, which overflows into Rocky River.
- Wednesday, Aug. 26 we meet at the Watershed Stewardship Center to learn about green infrastructure options, 2277 W Ridgewood Dr, Parma, OH 44134. The tour starts at 7 p.m. sharp, please arrive a few minutes early.
- After that, we plan to have our September, October, and November meetings at the University of Akron, Lakewood campus, multi-use room.
- December, January, and February meetings may be held at City Hall depending on auditorium availability.
Most Popular Pages
- Leaf Collection
- Downtown Development
- Bike/Scooter Share Pilot Program
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Lakewood Magazine
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Interceptor Tunnel Rehabilitation Project