City Council FAQs
Q: When does Lakewood City Council meet?
A: At seven-thirty (7:30) p.m. on the first and third Monday of every month, or, if such Monday falls on a Holiday, on the Tuesday following. Only Special Council Meetings or committee meetings are held in the month of August. All regular City Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers at City Hall. In addition, there are seven (7) standing committees of Council that meet at the discretion of the appointed chair.
Q: How long is a Council Member’s term? Are they full time? How much do they get paid?
A: Each council member serves a four-year term. They work part-time. In 2014, Council voted to increase their salary from $7,000 to $13,000. This was the first increase in 32 years. This increase is phased in: Four (4) Ward Council members began receiving the new salary in 2016. Three (3) At-Large council members began receiving the new salary in 2018. Council members also have the option to receive full health care benefits through the city.
- City of Lakewood Dedicates American Rescue Plan Act Dollars to Public Safety Initiatives May 23, 2022
- Lakewood Conducting Exam for Entry Level Police Officer Positions May 19, 2022
- Atlas Masonry Along with Owner and Foreman Indicted on Charges for Lakewood Marine Towers West Parking Garage Collapse May 18, 2022
Most Popular Pages
- Downtown Development
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Andrews/Gladys Project
- Lakewood Magazine
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Snow Reminders
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Food Trucks
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Interceptor Tunnel Rehabilitation Project