Clean Water Lakewood
Purpose: Clean Water Lakewood is a program aiming to better manage our combined sewer overflows and protect our natural resources meeting the requirements of the Clear Water Act.
Brief description of challenge:
Lakewood is working on a plan to reduce our combined sewer overflows into Lake Erie.
Our 100 year old sewer system combines sanitary sewage and storm water. When it rains, when snow melts, and when water is flowing off of impermeable surfaces such as roofs and streets, excess flow of combined stormwater and wastewater discharge into Lake Erie or Rocky River. Under dry conditions all wastewater is treated.
As with the original investments in the City, Lakewood must invest in infrastructure so that it meets the demands of Lakewood’s second century, under the law and for the benefit of human and environmental health.
The Clean Water Lakewood task force is a group of Lakewood residents and business owners assembled to help identify the best paths forward for water infrastructure in Lakewood. This group is focusing on facilitating best solutions for controlling sewage overflows.
- Mayor George Issues Statement On The Recently Released County Property Valuations October 14, 2021
- Halloween Trick-or-Treat set for Sunday, October 31st October 05, 2021
- Firefighter/Paramedics Petty, Helbig, and Starcovic are the three newest members to join the Lakewood Fire Department October 04, 2021
Most Popular Pages
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Food Trucks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Minutes / Agendas
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development