Fourth of July Information
Lakewood’s annual fireworks display is set to take place on Monday, July 4, 2022 at approximately 9:45 PM. The rain date is Tuesday, July 5, 2022.
The fireworks discharge area includes Kiwanis Club Pavilion and Kids’ Cove playground areas, meaning that they will be closed during the entire holiday.
To ensure the events are successful and safe, the city also has a few rules for residents to keep in mind.
The following rules will be in effect at Lakewood Park on Monday, July 4, 2022:
- For safety purposes, there will be no parking permitted in the Lakewood Park Parking Lot after 5:00 PM. All vehicles in the lot must be moved by 5:00 PM or could be subject to towing.
- All generators, propane and gas fueled grills are prohibited.
- All tents, shelters, and beach umbrellas are prohibited.
- Police may conduct searches of bags and containers for reasons of public safety.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted at any time throughout the year.
- No personal fireworks. This includes novelty fireworks like sparklers and smoke bombs.
- No dogs or pets of any kind will be permitted in the park on July 4th.
- The skate park, tennis courts, and basketball courts are expected to close at 7 p.m., but may close earlier.
The City of Lakewood appreciates your cooperation in helping to make the Fourth of July festivities safe and successful.