Henkeeping Permit Application
2022 Update: Hen permits are now issued for a three-year period instead of needing to be renewed every year.
Click here to apply for a henkeeping permit.
Questions about the application process may be directed to Captain Gary Stone at 216-529-6751.
Henkeeping Permit Application Checklist:
- Application & $25 Permit Fee
- Backyard Hen Training Certificate from OSU Extension or Cleveland Metro Parks
- Specifications for intended coop with simple diagram showing coop placement in relation to property lines and other structures on the property**
- Specifications for intended hen run/enclosure with simple diagram showing placement in relation to property lines and other structures**
- If you are a renter, written approval from your Landlord to have backyard hens on the rental property where hens are to be kept.
** Please make sure to review the Henkeeping Ordinance No. 23-16 for all requirements, including specifications about hen coop placement, design, height and size restrictions etc.
Most Popular Pages
- Safe Place Initiative
- Winterhurst Operator RFQ
- Fourth of July Parade Applications
- Lkwd Park Waterfront Feasibility Study
- Interceptor Tunnel Rehabilitation Project
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Downtown Development
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Lakewood Magazine
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art