Henkeeping Permit Application
Click here to apply for a henkeeping permit.
Questions about the application process may be directed to Captain Gary Stone at 216-529-6751.
Henkeeping Permit Application Checklist:
- Application & $25 Permit Fee
- Backyard Hen Training Certificate from OSU Extension or Cleveland Metro Parks
- Specifications for intended coop with simple diagram showing coop placement in relation to property lines and other structures on the property**
- Specifications for intended hen run/enclosure with simple diagram showing placement in relation to property lines and other structures**
- If you are a renter, written approval from your Landlord to have backyard hens on the rental property where hens are to be kept.
** Please make sure to review the Henkeeping Ordinance No. 23-16 for all requirements, including specifications about hen coop placement, design, height and size restrictions etc.
Most Popular Pages
- Summer Fun in Lakewood
- Downtown Development
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Andrews/Gladys Project
- Lakewood Magazine
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Food Trucks
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Interceptor Tunnel Rehabilitation Project