What is HOME ALONE? An amazing peer-to-peer mentorship project and more!
HOME ALONE events are designed by H2O high school leaders and staff to convey important safety information to 9-12 year old students in an engaging, meaningful way. In order to attend HOME ALONE, students must live in Lakewood and be accompanied by at least one parent or guardian.
During each 2-1/2 hour training, students will rotate through six interactive safety presentations led by H2O high school leaders. HOME ALONE event topics include:
- Emergencies – How and when to Call 9-1-1
- Basic First Aid – What to do if accidents or injuries occur
- Tricky People & Street Smarts – Developing instinct and best practices for engaging with others and safety tips when going to and from school or around Lakewood
- Routines and Siblings – Establishing house rules and role-playing conflict resolution
- Internet Safety – Advice for maintaining positive, healthy experiences online
- Mental Health – Establishing practices that cultivate mental wellness
While students are engaged with the high school leaders, their parents/guardians will receive valuable safety information presented by local experts from Lakewood Police, Fire and EMS, as well as a cyber crimes against children investigator.
There is a Family Fee of $15.00 for HOME ALONE which covers the adult attendee(s) and all 9-12 yr. old family member(s) being enrolled. At the end of each event, families will receive a comprehensive safety manual published by H2O’s program partner, SOS4Kids.
Financial aid is available for families that need assistance in order to attend HOME ALONE. Email H2O at email@example.com to submit a request.
H2O’s high school leaders look forward to sharing safety skills with their younger peers!
Most Popular Pages
- Summer Fun in Lakewood
- Downtown Development
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Andrews/Gladys Project
- Lakewood Magazine
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Food Trucks
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Interceptor Tunnel Rehabilitation Project