Job Retention Required Documentation
If your business meets the above requirements, please review these steps to help you prepare to apply for the program:
1. Gather Required Business Financial Documentation
Established businesses must provide:
- Lease agreement for the business location (if applicable)
- Payroll statements for the period April 1, 2020 to date of application
Payroll Example [Microsoft Excel needed to open this file]
- Profit and loss statement for period 1/1/2019 to 8/30/2019
- Profit and loss statement for period 1/1/2020 to 8/30/2020
- Federal Tax ID if applicable
2. Prepare Answers to these Supplemental Questions
- Describe the economic impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on your business. Include the number of employees that have been laid off, if any.
- Explain how the funding will help your business remain viable.
- Provide a brief statement explaining how many and why the job(s) will be lost without the City of Lakewood’s assistance.
Duplication of Benefits
- List any other funds you have received or are receiving and the amounts and sources of those funds and total amount (e.g. SBA loan, IRS Employee Retention Tax Credit, unemployment insurance benefits, etc.).
- An application for, or receipt of, funds from a State or Federal assistance program does not disqualify you from receiving funds from the Small Business Relief Program. However, a grant received through this program may not be used for the same business purposes as funds received from other assistance programs (i.e. ‘double-dipping’ is not allowed).
- Explain how these funds will be used particularly if the funds have been or will be used for rent or payroll expenses on or after April 1, 2020.
- City of Lakewood Dedicates American Rescue Plan Act Dollars to Public Safety Initiatives May 23, 2022
- Lakewood Conducting Exam for Entry Level Police Officer Positions May 19, 2022
- Atlas Masonry Along with Owner and Foreman Indicted on Charges for Lakewood Marine Towers West Parking Garage Collapse May 18, 2022
Most Popular Pages
- Downtown Development
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Andrews/Gladys Project
- Lakewood Magazine
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Snow Reminders
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Food Trucks
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Interceptor Tunnel Rehabilitation Project