Parks/Public Property FAQs « The City of Lakewood, Ohio -
Photo Credit: Aerial Agents /

Additional Information

Parks/Public Property FAQs

Q:        How do I rent the Woman’s Club Pavilion or the Kiwanis Pavilion at Lakewood Park?   

The city uses an online pavilion rental system. To rent a pavilion, click here.

This website hosts a calendar so you can check the availability of the pavilions, photos of the pavilions and regulations about the rental including cancellation and deposit return procedures. All rental fees must be paid up front by credit card. 

Q:        How do I find out if my baseball game is rained out?   

A:        Call the Lakewood Recreation Department’s rainout number at (216) 529-4117

Q:        What are the pool hours at Lakewood High School (LHS)?   

A:        Call the LHS pool at (216) 529-4014 or check their website by clicking here. 

Q:        How do I get a pool pass for municipal pools at Lakewood and Madison parks?   

A:        Call the Lakewood Recreation Department at (216) 529-4081 or check their website by clicking here. 

Q:        Can I bring a grill or tent to the park? 

A:        Grills: charcoal grills and gas grills (with a maximum number one (#1) propane tank) are allowed in the parks. However, NO GRILLS are allowed inside a pavilion, under a roof or canopy or on a deck or pavement in the park.

Tents: maximum size ten in the park is a ten foot by ten foot (10’x10’) pop-up or canopy with no sides.  No enclosed tents are allowed.  TENTS MY NOT BE STAKED to the ground. Only external weights can be used to secure them in place. 

Q:        Are there posted rules for use of the city parks? 

A:        Lakewood Codified Ordinance Chapter 905 sets forth park rules. Further explanation and listing of park rules and regulations, click here.