Residential Curbside Collection
The City of Lakewood Division of Refuse and Recycling provides once-per-week curbside service for the collection of household refuse, bulk items, recyclables and yard waste to properties with one through four household units.
Please see map below to find your collection day:
Multi-unit properties with five or more units are responsible for contracting refuse collection however the City of Lakewood collects furniture and other large bulk items. Recycling for these units can be dropped off at the Berea Road facility from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday.
The Director of Public Safety adopts Rules and Regulations for the placement of refuse, trash, bulk waste, yard waste and recyclables in a manner that will promote collection efficiency and the protection of the quality of neighboring properties.
Any violation of any rule or regulation may result in the property owner being charged for the actual cost of such work or the administrative cost incurred for the enforcement of such rule or regulation. Property owners are responsible for making sure their tenants are aware of and comply with Rules and Regulations. Ord. 1777.02
Regular Collection Hours: Monday through Friday – 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
*Holiday Collection Hours and days of collection are subject to change to accommodate collection in four instead of five days. Please refer to the Holiday Collection Schedule.
Setout Hours: Between 6:00 p.m. the night before collection and 6:30 a.m. on the day of collection. Please refer to the Holiday Collection Schedule directions for set out hours during holiday weeks.
Empty Refuse and Recycle Carts must be removed from the curb by the end of each collection day.
Early and late set outs are violations of Ordinance 1777.01 and may result in collection fees charged to the property owner.
Drop off hours
Refuse & Recycling Changes Due to COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Lakewood is making the following changes to it’s refuse and recycling collections.
- The Refuse and Recycling Drop Off Center located at 12920 Berea Road will amend the hours of operation to Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for residents of Lakewood to drop off household and bulk garbage, yard waste, and recyclables.
- The Drop Off Center will be closed on Saturday, April 4, 2020. Beginning on April 11, the Drop Off Center will be open on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m. Residents should bring their driver’s license or other I.D. to verify their Lakewood residency.
- A satellite station will be available starting on Monday March 30th at the skate park at Lakewood Park (14532 Lake Avenue ). There will be separate trucks for household and bulk garbage, yard waste, and recyclables. This station will also maintain the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday-Friday through May 1st. This station will not have Saturday hours.
- The City is asking residents to help the Refuse and Recycling Department safely maintain collection services during the Stay at Home order. If you live on the side of the street with parking, please consider placing your garbage and recycling toters in your driveway apron.
- Residents are asked to fit as much material as possible in their respective toters- break down cardboard and bag all garbage.rbage pickup refuse recycling
Most Popular Pages
- Summer Events 2021
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Food Trucks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Minutes / Agendas
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development