Vital Statistics (Birth & Death Certificates) FAQs
Q: What are your regular business hours?
A: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday (with the exception of holidays).They are closed from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM for lunch.
Q: Who should I make my check/money order payable to?
A: Make check/money order payable to the City of Lakewood.
Q: How far back in time do you retain birth records?
A: We retain some delayed certificates of birth (time range 1882-1908). A large number of these were delayed home birth filings. The recorded certificates of birth start in earnest in 1909 to current.
Q: How far back in time do you retain death records?
A: We retain recorded certificates of death from 1909 to current.
- City of Lakewood Dedicates American Rescue Plan Act Dollars to Public Safety Initiatives May 23, 2022
- Lakewood Conducting Exam for Entry Level Police Officer Positions May 19, 2022
- Atlas Masonry Along with Owner and Foreman Indicted on Charges for Lakewood Marine Towers West Parking Garage Collapse May 18, 2022
Most Popular Pages
- Downtown Development
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Andrews/Gladys Project
- Lakewood Magazine
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Snow Reminders
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Food Trucks
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Interceptor Tunnel Rehabilitation Project