In 2019, the Youth Council was established (LCO 159) to provide City Council and the Mayor a youth perspective on issues that affect the City and to provide the opportunity for youth to be active and participate in city government. The Youth Council shall review those matters and make recommendations, as appropriate, referred by Council or the Mayor as they pertain to youth activities, interests and concerns.
The Youth Council shall be composed of fifteen Lakewood residents who, at the time of their appointment, are between the point of entering the eighth grade and entering their freshman year of college in the fall of the year of their appointment. The Mayor shall appoint the original fifteen members with confirmation of Council, and thereafter the Youth Council shall submit slates of members appointed by the Youth Council every two years for ratification by the Mayor with confirmation of Council. Members shall receive no compensation for their service.
Youth Council members shall be eligible to serve up to two consecutive two-year terms. Vacancies in terms shall be filled by action of the Youth Council without additional approval of the Mayor or Council.
The Youth Advisory Council shall meet at least on a quarterly basis and shall devise its own officers, governance, and place and time of assembly.
Click here to view the 2021 Youth Council Meeting Calendar.
- Mayor George Issues Statement On The Recently Released County Property Valuations October 14, 2021
- Halloween Trick-or-Treat set for Sunday, October 31st October 05, 2021
- Firefighter/Paramedics Petty, Helbig, and Starcovic are the three newest members to join the Lakewood Fire Department October 04, 2021
Most Popular Pages
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Food Trucks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Minutes / Agendas
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development