The Department of Planning and Development coordinates the long-range planning, zoning and economic development for the city. Whether you are a resident looking for information on a commercial development project, a business looking to relocate in Lakewood, or an existing business looking to invest, we are here to help.
Please check out the resources provided in the drop down lists to the right.
Keeping Lakewood Vibrant
Starting a Business in Lakewood+-
Why start a business in Lakewood?
Where do I start?
- Available Properties Map
- Lakewood Zoning Map
- Permitted and Conditional Uses
- Board of Building Standards/ Architectural Board of Review/ Sign Review
- Planning Commission
Please contact the Department of Planning and Development once you have reviewed the documents above. Our staff is happy to help answer any questions you have and can be reached at 216-529-6630 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Funding for New and Existing Businesses+-
Ongoing Commercial Development Projects+-
Are you wondering how to stay informed about a specific project in Lakewood? Please check out the Development in Lakewood Reference Sheet for more information on how projects get done and how you can access meeting agendas and minutes.
Economic Development Partners+-
The City of Lakewood has several partners that support economic development. Please visit their websites to get more information and find out how to get involved!
Click here to view the Lakewood Zoning Map.
Available Properties Map+-
Click here to view the Available Properties Map
Commercial Development Design Guidelines+-
Click here to view the Commercial Development Design Guidelines.
Planning Reports and Studies+-
- Parks System Strategic Plan 2010
- Parks System Strategic Plan 2015
- Kauffman Park Master Plan
- Lakewood Park Master Plan
Active Transportation Planning
- Edwards Avenue Parking Study
- Uptown Madison Parking Study
- City-Wide Parking Study
- Parking Study Book, March 2010
Related links and downloads+-
- Commercial Design Guide
- Understanding Bike Lanes in Lakewood
- Understanding Shared Lane Markings in Lakewood
- 12th Annual Historic Preservation Awards Presentation
- Contractor Section 3 Screening Form
- 2012 Housing Survey Map
- Parking Meter Permit Program for Businesses
- Small Business is Big Business in Lakewood
- Financial and Technical Resources
- Tips on securing your Certificate of Occupancy
- Outdoor Dining Design Guidelines
- Zoning Map
- Building Line Map