Lakewood is the 14th largest City (by population) in Ohio, and has the 10th largest workforce.
Lakewood’s economy is large, diverse, and local. The local economy is primarily made up of agile and thriving small businesses. Small businesses employ 75% of the 12,000 workers in Lakewood, ranging from restaurants and breweries to professional services firms. Through investments in building stock, infrastructure, and high-speed internet Lakewood makes it easy to do business here.
Lakewood is a community of choice for a diverse group of residents and businesses. Alongside the character, history and charm we know so well, innovations and ideas are inspiring a new energy. Lakewood has the highest concentration of Millennials, with a college degree or higher, in all of Greater Cleveland (Fifth Migration Study). There are a number of reasons for this, including:
- Vibrant neighborhoods and access to affordable housing
- Mobility, including access to alternative modes such as biking, walking and public transportation
- Recreational activities with over 5 miles of lakefront and the Cleveland Metroparks at our doorstep
- Active nightlife and unique small businesses
- Great place to raise children, with $300 million invested to build new schools
- A community that is addressing its challenges, leveraging its strengths, and investing in its future
Join us, as the vibrant second century of Lakewood is taking shape.
Starting a Business in Lakewood+-
Where do I start?
- Available Properties Map
- Lakewood Zoning Map
- Permitted and Conditional Uses
- Board of Building Standards/ Architectural Board of Review/ Sign Review
- Planning Commission
Please contact the Department of Planning and Development once you have reviewed the documents above. Our staff is happy to help answer any questions you have and can be reached at 216-529-6630 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Funding for New and Existing Businesses+-
Available Properties Map+-
Click here to view the Available Properties Map
Economic Development Partners+-