H2O to host Home Alone Program on March 29th and April 6thMarch 13, 2023
H2O is excited to host two sessions of the HOME ALONE Program this spring! The HOME ALONE will be held on Wednesday, March 29th and Thursday, April 6th from 6:00-8:30 PM at Lakewood High School, 14100 Franklin Boulevard.
What is HOME ALONE? An amazing peer-to-peer mentorship project and more!
HOME ALONE events are designed by H2O high school leaders and staff to convey important safety information to 9-12 year old students in an engaging, meaningful way. In order to attend HOME ALONE, students must live in Lakewood and be accompanied by at least one parent or guardian.
During each 2-1/2 hour training, students will rotate through six interactive safety presentations led by H2O high school leaders. HOME ALONE event topics include:
- Emergencies – How and when to Call 9-1-1
- Basic First Aid – What to do if accidents or injuries occur
- Tricky People & Street Smarts – Developing instinct and best practices for engaging with others and safety tips when going to and from school or around Lakewood
- Routines and Siblings – Establishing house rules and role-playing conflict resolution
- Internet Safety – Advice for maintaining positive, healthy experiences online
- Mental Health – Establishing practices that cultivate mental wellness
While students are engaged with the high school leaders, their parents/guardians will receive valuable safety information presented by local experts from Lakewood Police, Fire and EMS, as well as a cyber-crime against children and adult education expert from the Geauga County Office of the Prosecutor.
There is a Family Fee of $15.00 for HOME ALONE , which includes materials students and parents receive at the event. Families registering more than one child between the ages of 9-12 do not have to purchase extra tickets to register additional children. Each ticket admits all children of qualifying age and their parents/guardians.
Financial aid is available for families that need assistance in order to attend HOME ALONE. Email H2O at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a request.
Space is limited. Registration is held on a first-come, first-served basis. H2O encourages early enrollment to ensure your attendance.
Click here to register for the March 29th event.
Click here to register for the April 6th event.
Most Popular Pages
- Snow Reminders
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Safe Place Initiative
- Lakewood Life Newsletter
- Downtown Development
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Lkwd Park Waterfront Feasibility Study
- Interceptor Tunnel Rehabilitation Project
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Public Record Requests
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Accountability & Sound Governance